Friday, January 22, 2010

My first toy drops!

A few weeks ago I mentioned The Toy Society and I did my first two drops today!

The first drop I did was at the library on McGuire Air Force Base. There are a lot of windows in the front but I was lucky that a delivery truck was parked outside. I think it blocked anyone from watching what I was doing! I stuck the corner of the plastic bag into the drop off box. It felt a little funny leaving a bag with toys inside of it just hanging outside. I snapped a few pictures before I ran away!


The second drop was much easier! I went to Wacky World playground on McGuire Air Force Base. It was a Friday afternoon so all the neighborhood kids were still at school. I just drove up and hung my second drop from part of the playground. We've been having unusually warm weather this winter so I am sure she will be found soon!I have another two drops ready to go. Hopefully tomorrow I will go for a walk and do some drops around downtown Mount Holly!

This is really a lot of fun and so easy to do. If you have older children who can help make toys I think it would be a good teaching tool about sharing and selflessness. I encourage everyone to give it a try :)

2 comments:

  1. aww that's lovely! I really love leaving gifts around the neighbourhood, I did some booing(I've written about it on my blog) on Halloween which was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I'd be stoked to find a little package like that just randomly out in the open to take home. It wouldn't go over too well in my neighborhood as I live in a rough part of town. People would probably pick it up, see there wasn't any crack inside of it, and throw it to the ground! lol

    ReplyDelete