Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fun with felt!





I bought a huge pack of felt at a discount store earlier this month and have been having a lot of fun!

The first thing I made was this adorable scotty dog from Allsorts. This pattern has been sitting on my back burner for awhile and I think he came out so cute!


Then I found a website that had several toy patterns to make out of felt. The instructions were easy to follow and I made up several animals within a few days.


I also tried to make some dolls. I love Runo dollmaker's website. His patterns are fun. I also follow his blog. Unfortunaly even with Runo's great patterns I am just not great at making doll clothes so my dollies are still naked- EEKKK! I'll keep you updated when I finally make them some decent clothes!


Anyway felt it fun. Try some of the patterns I showed you or make up your own! Now that I have made several of these guys I feel more confident in designing my own pattern! Hopefully I'll have something new and original to show you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute toys you have been making - but really you should make some clothes to dress the dollies - they will get cold over there. Just came by from the Toy Society - like you I think it is a fantastic project and it is nice to be able to brighten someone's day. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt is my favorite fabric! I'm not very adept at sewing, however. I adore the deer and your little naked people :) I tried making the same Scotty dog once, but since I suck at sewing, I couldn't do the gusset.

    ReplyDelete