Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crafting until I have calluses!

My craft to-do list keeps growing and I am in the antsy position where the crafts I would rather be doing are at the bottom of the list.

At the top of the list is finishing Christmas gift. Yes folks, today is Dec 29th and I am still making gifts. I guess it is a good thing that I won't be celebrating Christmas with my folks or in laws until the second week of January.

On the to do list are crocheted socks for my mom, a winter ear flap hat for my dad, and 2 crayon roll-ups for my niece and nephew. I'm really sick of making these items and I just want to get them over with!

So far I have made 7 ear flap hats for other members of my family. It's a very easy and fast pattern. the end results are super cool. But seriously after 5 they lost their charm. If you want to make to learn how to make your own ear flap hat click here!

The socks take forever. I found a "pattern" on a crochet website. More of an idea of a pattern, because it is no very clear on just when to finish off. My first sock kinda looked like they had bunny ears where the toes should be. If you want to take a look at this "pattern" click here!

Crayon roll- ups are great! Now my kids don't have to fight over the red crayon because they each have their own! Making two more for my niece and nephew. I used the tutorial on this blog.

So after these things are made (and wrapped) I'll be able to get to what I really want to do. I have several new patterns cooking in my brain. A plush monkey, crochet headbands, and mini pin cushions, just to name a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment