Monday, December 28, 2009

Pattern Review



Hello All!

Today I will be reviewing a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. I am a HUGE fan of lion brand. They have many many free patterns and their yarn is great to work with. I especially like Vanna Choice.

The pattern I am reviewing today is called Granny Square Scarf (pretty original right?). It calls for 14 different colors of vanna's choice yarn. If you buy a new ball of yarn like I did, you will have enough yarn to make AT LEAST 3 scarves, maybe even four. If you don't want to buy all new yarn it would be a great pattern to use up scraps or left over yarn from other projects.

The scarf is made from 3 different motifs of granny squares. Each motif is very easy to crochet; most out of double crochet stitches.

I did find that the color combination to be a bit dull. There are a few colors that are used much more than others.

The finished project makes a very long scarf. It is a bit bulky and I think best used for outside wear.

I thought the picture they posted of the finished product was a little misleading because it doesn't look bulky. Over all it is a nice easy pattern that doesn't take a lot of time.

In my picture there are two scarves. The one of the left is the first one I made, following the color combination in the pattern. The scarf on the left is the second one I made using my own color combination.

To make your own Granny Square Scarf click here!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty scarves & I love Lion Brand also. LOVE your shop name...a question...how big are your elephant sock dolls? And do you use special socks? No, I'm not going to copy you but am thinking ahead to a possible gift.
    Answer on my blog...allaboutthebuttons.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! Looks great! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete